Monday, October 13, 2008

Over-socked

After making the Pomatomus Socks too long and narrow for Cass, I started another pair for her. These were just sort of made up as I went along. I did 1x1 rib for about two inches, then switched to 4x2 ribbing. I added some twisty not-quite-cable things that sort of spiral around the cuff, but left them off the top of the foot. I was afraid cables on top of the foot might become a comfort issue. They're not quite done yet- I've just gotten started the foot area on both.

The color is most accurate in this photo:

And here is a close up of the twisty bits:


I started with two cables, spaced even apart on the cuff. Then every four rows I would shift the cables one rib further.

Sock boredom hit me again partway through these socks, so I started a shawl. Just something simple and quick for some sense of completion. It was knit with two skeins of Dancing Leaf Farm's Slubby Nubby on size 11s. It took me about a week, but someone less distractible could make it in a weekend.


I'm still a little over-socked, so maybe I'll work on that Boyfriend sweater from way back for a little while.

No comments: