Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's Here.

It came yesterday. I saw the mail truck pull up, and watched as the mail carrier approached... Is she coming here or going to the neighbors? Could it really be here so fast?



Yes, the Bohus kit had arrived. It only took about a week to get here from Sweden, which is pretty impressive.




The yarn is a gorgeous wool/angora blend, all hand dyed by Solveig Gustaffson. You can see in the first picture that she includes a handy color sample thingy for the chart- which is very nice as some of the colors are pretty similar. I've read through some of the instructions and the translation is awesome, so there shouldn't be any problems there. Now I just have to get used to the idea of making an entire sweater with sock weight yarn on teeny needles.


Speaking of the needles, I didn't have the right size so off to the yarn shop I went. They don't carry the size 1.5 suggested, so I picked up the size 0 needed for the ribbing and size 1. I'll see if I can get gauge with that, and if not then I'll try 2's and if that is too big I'll suck it up and order the 1.5.


While at the store, I may have accidentally got more yarn:




Classic Cotton, which I am presently attempting to make into something presentable for Cass. And this:




Shalimar Yarns Zoe (100% superwash wool, hand-dyed) in Juniper Berry. It's very smooshy and soft, and will probable become a pair of socks when the cotton top is done. Or before, if I get frustrated. And yes, I'm totally procrastinating starting the Bohus. I have to work up some courage just to swatch for it...

No comments: