Friday, December 19, 2008

There Are Two Sides to Everything

Tonight was knit night, and I grabbed the opportunity to get some work done on Scott's socks. I had to start them over, because the original version was much too big. I did manage to cast one back on and knit a row, but that's as far as I got (due to a combination of working overtime and major slacking). So I showed up at knit night at about 6:30 with one row of one sock. By the time I left at 9:30, I had 2.5 inches of ribbed cuff done on BOTH socks. That's right. Five freaking inches of sock, total, in three hours. That's over 1.5 inches per hour. That means I can be done with the leg in about another 3 hours, which is encouraging. But I think I've also underestimated the amount of time it takes to knit a pair (I had guessed about 15 earlier this evening).

This also means that I am a total slacker every time I knit anywhere other than knit night. Why can't I be that focused at home? Maybe it has something to do with coffee? Or maybe I'm just too easily distracted at home. Oh, who knows. It could be anyth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely know what you mean. I swear I can get more done in an evening or a morning with the group than I can the entire rest of the week.