Monday, January 7, 2008

Socks!

One down, one to go... I'm knitting up a pair of socks for my step-mother-in-law, and the first one went so fast (it always does), but now the second one seems like it will never be done. Probably because I've stopped knitting on it. Admittedly, I'm still a little worn out from Christmas, and the mojo just isn't there.

There were a few fun things about this sock, though. On my other socks, I changed from ribbing to plain stockinette after the cuff. But on these, I continued the ribbing down the top of the foot. They have a better shape, and hopefully won't feel loose (as my husband's do). I also knit them on size 1 DPNs, as opposed to size 2, which makes a nice, tight weave, that I hope will wear well. The teensy needles were hideously warped after the first sock, and I can only hope they hold out for the second. I have started having nightmares where I am forced to either buy metal DPNs, or buy new bamboo needles for each pair of socks. Blech. I hate metal needles like poison. Maybe one day someone will figure out how to make a bamboo sock needle with a metal core, sort of like a pencil... excuse me while I go write Crystal Palace a letter.

No comments: