Saturday, March 29, 2008

Cables, Cables, and More Cables

Apparently, I'm into cables lately. It wasn't a conscious thing, but my two current projects have 'em. First is the shrug I started back before Christmas, which is now looking more like a wide scarf. I grossly underestimated how much cables pull in. Other than that, it looks okay. I can't seem to correct my issue with gappy stitches to the left of the cables, but I hear that it's a common problem and should even out with a few washings and wear. There's also twice as much done as you see in the picture- I'm working both ends at the same time. I do have some concern about running out of yarn. If that happens, it will suck, but I plan on just finishing it with what I have and moving on.

Then there's my new project: a sweater for little Spencer. I keep reading (on Ravelry) about how tough it is to find a sweater pattern that will fit a pug. So I decided to try to make one. It's got sort of a raglan thing going on, with a cable that will travel up his back. If it works out, I'll post my half-assed pattern here- but don't get your hopes up. My projects tend to take a horrible turn for the worst towards the end. There's still a pretty high probability it will end up in a bag in the closet.

Since the cables are smaller, I'm not having that gap issue after the cables. The pattern for the cable is from Super Stitches Knitting by Karen Hemingway. At first it seemed complicated, but after a couple rows it clicked, and things got easier. I really like cables. They have a lot of bang for their buck, meaning that they look so freakin' complicated... but really it's a simple technique. Well, wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.