Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fail Socks

I have failed the Ravelympics. The deadline is about 14 minutes from now, and this is all I have:



I finished the gusset on one sock, and the other is a few rows behind. I have only myself to blame... I spent too much time screwing around online, I forgot my socks at work, and I may have spent an inordinate amount of time watching for an accident at the intersection in front of my house when a new stop sign went up. If you're wondering, there was a lot of honking and slamming on brakes, but no accidents.

The socks are pretty narrow, and will be sent to my 11 (almost 12) year-old niece upon completion. They're pretty tough to get over my heel and my stepdaughter's heel (the original recipient). My gauge swatch was a filthy liar, and told me I should knit these on size zero needles. Stupid swatch.

And now it is 8:07 and I have officially failed. Oh, well. Maybe next time.

No comments: