Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Ravelymics Plan is No More

The plan was to knit the Pomatomus Socks like a fiend before my stepdaughter (the intended recipient) arrived, or at the very latest before she left. Well she left this morning, and this is where I am...

That's two out of three chart repeats on the leg complete. Not even half way done. And you know what else? They're too small. I had Cass try one on and she could barely get it over her heel... neither could I. So these socks will likely find themselves on the feet of my niece, who is going into 6th grade so they should fit her. Should. Then I will knit a different pair for Cass, remembering my hard-learned lesson: smaller feet do not necessarily mean narrower feet.

Other than the size, the socks are coming along nicely. The yarn/colorway is perfect for the pattern, the chart is less complicated than it appeared, and the pattern is written very clearly. There are more Cookie A. socks in my future for sure.

No comments: