Friday, February 6, 2009

Success!

I seriously love the Classic Cotton used in this sweater. It had a bath in the sink, got spun in the washer for a few seconds, and then went into the dryer until mostly dry. While slightly damp, it was shaped and laid flat to finish drying. Freaking awesome. The stitches evened out wonderfully, and it blocked well.

I'm a little worried that the arms might be too long for Cass, and I hope they don't get in the way if that's the case. But they're also not rolling very much in the photo, and they might roll a bit more when worn throughout the day. If that's the case, they'll be a good length.

I've started a baby blanket for my husband's friend, Kendra. She's very into black, bats and Halloween-type things, and Scott reminded me of her affinity for black when I first mentioned knitting something for her baby. Initially, I was going to make OpArt, but I really don't want to weave in all those ends. Or purl every other row. Or have it take longer because it's garter stitch. So I made something similar, but much lazier. Like OpArt, it's knit in the round from the center out, but it's stockinette, and the color change is every other row (so I'll only have to weave in ends whenever a skein runs out).


It's going well so far, and I like that I can just zone out and knit. It's great car and meet-up knitting, since you don't really have to look at it all the time. But as is the problem with this sort of project, each round gets longer and longer... Hopefully I won't be completely insane by the end!

No comments: