Sunday, February 15, 2009

Blanket Completion!

Astoundingly, I finished my OpArt rip-off in just a little over a week. I am happy with the results, and super excited that the acrylic didn't mess me up too bad. It took on an interesting shape (which was a pleasant surprise):
The little points appeared when I bound off, and I know they are obviously related to the increases, so I imagine if you don't want them you could just increase in different spots? Okay, I don't know. And I don't care. I like them.

The back is just as fun as the front, except for a couple of ends:
The whole thing wound up being about 38" across. Knitting with the acrylic wasn't too bad, but washing it gave me nightmares. Squeaky, wet, plastic... shudder. The feel of it was horrid. Horrid, I tell you!

But it is done now, and I learned you really can kill acrylic with steam. After doing so, the blanket was no longer defiantly attempting to lose it's shape. I just pinned it out and blasted it with a steamy iron from about an inch away. Worked great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Amanda! This really turned out great! I love it.