Monday, March 2, 2009

My knitting skillz have been a little lackluster lately. I don't know what is going on, but everything I knit turns to suck the past couple weeks. It started with a kitty(scroll down)... It was going to accompany the baby blanket, and I had designs on felting it. Long story short, the kitty is now a dog toy. It was horrid, and full of shame.

Then my Clapotis, which looked okay at first, started to go awry. My tension is jacked up or something, and the dropped stitches seem super huge, or long, or whatever- they're just not right. Plus my twisted stitches look like they're pulling away from the neighboring stitches. And to make it worse, I probably should have used a smaller needle.



I'm not ripping it out though. It's too far along, and frankly I just don't want to.

Next up is another baby blanket. First I cast on too many, but figured "Whatever, it will just be more rectangular." Of course, it didn't occur until 6 inches later that I might run out of yarn this way. Then came more tension issues. It's just all over the place, and the stockinette stripes seemingly come and go at whim. I tried purling more tightly, and it got worse. So I purl loosely, and it's even worse than that. What the hell. Hopefully it will even out after a wash and blocking. Gah.



But luckily, crocheting is going much better. After the kitty failed, I used the rest of the skein to crochet a bat, which is full of win:




And this barely qualifies as a crochet project, but I made a cover for my new stand mixer by crocheting together pieces of vinyl with ribbon yarn:



Now the mixer is protected from splattering grease, but I can still see it. Yay! And on another happy note, I finally got all my stash into Ravelry, and going through it was a lot of fun.

That's all for now. Send me some good knitty vibes, I need them!

2 comments:

Susieknitster said...

Your Clapitos looks fine and the bat is darling. Your knitting will be fine, just relax. I love the stand mixer cover. Don't you just love your mixer, I have one (mine is white, I love your blue)I use it for everything, I want to get some of the attachments. Your knitting will be fine, we all go through those funky periods of knitting, but it all works out. Hope to see you Friday.

Amanda said...

Thanks Sue! I do love the mixer, it adds a whole new level of fun to baking cookies! See you Friday!