Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's Almost Here

Fall is coming. I know this because football season is here. And I loves me some football! The sucky part is that we no longer have TV service, so we can’t enjoy watching the game from the comfort of our living room. But on the plus side, nachos taste so much better when someone else makes them (and brings them right to you, and then does the dishes). For those days when we are too cheap or lazy to go out, there is always the radio- and it wouldn’t surprise me if we could watch some games live via the innerwebs.

For me, football and knitting go hand in hand. The weather is getting cooler, which makes knitting much more pleasant; and the games provide the perfect backdrop for all but the most complicated projects. During my favorite team’s games, I will knit things that do not require much attention, like a plain sock. During other games, I might work on something that requires some attention, but will allow me to look up once in a while. These are usually projects in which it is easy to figure out where I am in the row after I look up when something interesting happens, then look back down only to realize I have no idea where I left off. I might start another pair of Hedera socks just for those games- they are pretty easy to read once you learn the pattern.

Of course, you wouldn’t guess fall is on the way with the weather we’ve been having recently. On those days when the temps nearly shot into the triple digits, all I could do was look at my woolly socks with contempt (for the weather, not my socks). Speaking of socks, though, I did finish a pair:


The Skittles Socks. Modeled in my awesome, awesome shoes of joy. Now I’m working on another pair of socks for Cass with Creatively Dyed Tradewinds in Hana. I just sort of picked a pattern out of a pattern book and went with it. Hopefully they’ll turn out okay.


I haven't really made any progress on anything else. There may have been some thoughts about attempting some Christmas knitting, but I haven't decided if it's worth the stress. You know what? Sitting here, just now, I decided it isn't. And that's my Christmas present to myself. I'm gonna knit myself some stuff instead. After Cass's socks of course...

No comments: