Saturday, July 25, 2009

Not Much Of An Update But...

My new shoes came yesterday! I got these cuties just to wear with hand-knit socks. I think they do the job quite well...


They are the Doc Martens Alison in Grizzly. I love them, and they are perfect. They've only been worn about the house so far, but seem very comfortable. And they are cute, but won't look overly dressy with jeans and a tee shirt. Most importantly, they are a great showcase for socks!

Now I just have to knit more socks. Honestly, I have barely been knitting at all the past couple weeks. Every few days I'll add and inch or so to my current sock project, but that's it.

I did pick up a couple sweaters' worth of yarn at the Eleganza Midnight Madness sale last weekend. I got a bunch of Noro Silk Garden for me, and some Ella Rae Classic for Scott. I'd like to make him another sweater for this winter- probably something simple and basic (the way he likes), and warm. He rides his motorcycle all year round, and maybe a nice wool sweater will help keep him warm. I also got some Aussi Sock and Poems Sock yarn. Gotta churn out more socks to wear with my new shoes!


OK, off I go to not be lazy and knit some more socks...

No comments: