Saturday, December 22, 2007

Yeah, It's Been a While...

I know. I suck. It's been almost a month since the last post. But I bet this past month has been craptastically busy for everyone, and that none of my four readers even noticed. Hopefully the good people at the Knitting Blogring didn't notice either...

Anyhoo. The Year of the Knitted Gift has nearly come to an end! All the knitties have been sent off, except for two- a pair of socks for my step-mother-in-law, and a pair of socks for my brother. Foot measurements are needed for both of these folks, and they have received IOUs. Also waiting to be finished: a pair of Knucks for my husband's friend. He was warned in advance that he would have to get in line behind all the Christmas knitting, and so far I've finished seven fingers, both thumbs, and joined the fingers on one hand. Here is the list of completed knitted gifts (now that they have been received and/or the recipients won't likely read this before seeing them):

Matching hat and scarf for FIL
Shawl for my sister
Hat and wristwarmers for BIL
Sweater for other BIL
Washclothes for SIL (sent with pretty soaps)

I had pictures of the BIL sweater, but they have disappeared. I learned that I don't completely suck at seaming, but I hate it like poison. I tried to find Wool Ease Worsted in the same color (the sweater was knit with Wool Ease Chunky) for the seams, in order to keep the bulkiness to a minimum, but couldn't locate any. Although it turned out okay, I think- the only bulky parts were the armpits where there were about a thousand ends to weave in.

Remember that lovely cabled wrap? It still looks exactly the same, and it will not likely advance for some time. The mojo has just been sucked right out of me. Never again will I knit more than one gift per year. It's just too much piled onto a time of year already rife with stress.

I didn't even take new pictures because frankly, I was tired. All I wanted to do was get it all into a box and ship it hundreds of miles from here. Once that was done, it felt sooo good.

Adding to the stress was the fact that work finally picked up in a major way. We got a shipment of supplies a couple weeks ago (our customers ship us the supplies we need so we're at their mercy), and suddenly it's all about overtime and trying to make up for lost time by the end of the year. Ugh. But my company let everyone go home early on Friday, we have Monday and Tuesday off, and the rest of the week will be a bit lazy-daisy since most of the company has taken those three days off. From here on out it should be more relaxed, and there will be time once again for a break now and then.

The Knucks won't take too long, and I can bang out a pair of socks in two weekends. That means by this time next month I might have all my projects done, and can knit something for myself!

No comments: