Sunday, November 25, 2007

Update 2- The Sequel

I am so sad that Thanksgiving is over. We had an awesome feast with all the trimmings, which also provided meals on Friday and Saturday. There was football, and pie, and a Christmas movie (Mixed Nuts) to start the holiday season off. I'm already looking forward to next year.

On to knitty things! I already mentioned the garter scarf is finished:


And I'm also done with the hat for my (other) brother in law...

The colorway made a goofy pattern, but I'm going to go with it. I started some fingerless mitts but I may start over, as I'm not entirely thrilled with the pattern I chose.

And here is the cabled wrap I started... so far I like it.


It's knit up with the angora I was going to use for the Buttony Sweater. Silly me figured that the gauge would be the same if I used the same needles, but I didn't realise how much cables pull in. So the wrap is a smidge narrower than planned, but still okay.

I also started the Brother in Law Sweater v. 2.o last week, and already finished the back without too much effort. If I put my nose to the grindstone, I think I can bang out the front by tonight. It's going so fast, I may start using chunky weight yarn for all my future sweaters! Again, the sweater is a smidge big, but this time it's sort of on purpose- the pattern gives finished chest measurements for 41" and 45" and the BIL has a 40" chest. I didn't want to make the 41" and have it be too snug, so I went with the 45". Time will tell if this was a mistake, but I figure I may be able to do some creative seaming to cinch it in a bit to make up for the difference.

On Friday, the husband went camping with a friend, leaving me to my own devices. I had received an email informing me of a sale at my favorite yarn shops, Eleganza yarns, so that's exactly where I headed.

I picked up some Regia sock yarn...


Some Garnstudio linen yarn...


and six skeins of Noro Silk Garden...



I planned on using the linen for some washcloths, and giving them for Christmas with some nice soaps. I have no idea what to do with the Noro, but I loved the colorway and had to have it.
One last thing (because I love to brag)- we still haven't turned on our heat. I think we might be able to make it to December. Granted, it was like 70 degrees outside last Wednesday, but now it's back down to the typical highs in the forties. The poor dog is constantly squirming his way onto our laps to stay warmer. I may have to knit him a sweater.
Now, if I am going to polish off the front of that sweater, I had better get going!

No comments: