Thursday, April 30, 2009

MD Sheep and Wool!

It’s that time of year again! And this time, I’ve vowed to have a better plan than “Show up. Buy stuff. Leave when money is gone.” So I’ve created a Plan of Attack, which lists all the things I’m interested in seeing and getting in order of time and/or importance. My vendor list is highlighted with a few notes, my fairgrounds map is marked up, and I’ve made lists of things to bring in both my bag and car. I’m taking every precaution, and planning for the worst (cold, rain, lots of mud). Scott has some sort of motorcycle party going on the same weekend, so I’m on my own this year- meaning no supervision or voice of reason to keep me in check. I’ll have to do my best to exercise some restraint (hahahaha!). It’s just hard to look at Scott’s Boner-Inducing Death Rocket (his Ducati) and not think that I should be entitled to the equivalent value in yarn. Especially since yarn requires much cheaper equipment/accessories, will not likely maim or kill me, and doesn’t need things like insurance and registration. But I digress…

Last year I missed a lot of stuff in all the excitement (plus I tend to get extra forgetful when frazzled), so this time I’m hoping it will be less overwhelming. I’m trying to focus on seeing and smooshing things I haven’t seen in person before, and only buying things I can’t get any other time. That second part probably won’t happen, though. I’m weak willed. I’ve also vowed to see the sheep dogs this year, especially since Scott would like to get a border collie one day.

Another thing I want to do this year? Take more freakin’ pictures! I’m even attempting to learn about my camera’s settings to make sure I get good ones.

Sorry there haven't been many knitty blog updates. Knitting has taken a backseat to painting the house the past couple of weeks, so there just isn't anything to update. But Sunday should be filled with glorious Maryland Sheep and Wool news!

No comments: