Sunday, October 7, 2007

Exciting News and Tragic Photography

Exciting news first: There is a good chance that the husband and I will be moving back to Chicagoland soon! Right this very second, Scott is getting on a flight to Chicago for his second interview. We are very hopeful, as it means getting back to my stepdaughter, our family and friends, Portillo's hot dogs, and affordable real estate. Hopefully, it will work out.

Unfortunately, with the prospect of moving 800 miles with no relocation assistance, we have put a hold on any unnecessary spending. And apparently yarn is considered unnecessary. Even worse- I already bought my ticket to Stitches East. At first I thought I should bring this up, hoping to compromise and set a nice, low, spending limit. But realistically, there is no way I would walk out of there with less than $200 in yarn. Also, the Countryside Artisans tour is the following weekend, where I typically visit Dancing Leaf Farm. If you live in the DC/MD/VA area, go see this place. The yarn is beautiful, and I love that I can look out the window and see her sheep grazing in the field.

On to my current projects (and those tragic photos). First, the brother in law sweater... well, it's still there. Honestly, I had to put it aside for a while. Ripping that sucker out really did a number on my psyche, and I need a break from it. So far, it's about an inch beyond the bottom of the v-neck.


Then there's the sock I started at the Stephanie Pearl-McPhee signing. Also in limbo. I'm a few rows into the heel flap.


And lastly, I started a hat for my father in law yesterday. I figured if I'm going to slack on the sweater, I have to at least work on Christmas presents. So I started a hat and scarf- nice and easy... no stress. The rest of the hat will be solid blue, and the scarf will be striped with those two yarns, in a pattern yet to be determined.

The hat looks a little striped, which was a surprise (the blue spirals around the back). I had started mittens with the same ball, and they didn't look striped at all... so I'm just going with it. If anyone asks, it happened on purpose. :)

My photography skills leave much to be desired. Maybe I can find a book at the library to help in that department. Anyhoo, wish us luck, and hopefully by Tuesday I'll have some good news!

No comments: