Monday, October 1, 2007

Rocking and Ripping

Well, over the weekend I had two interesting developments. First, I got a rocking chair! Yay! Now I can rock and knit... mmm... I am very excited about this, although the chair won't get here for a few weeks- I am told it is likely that an Amish fellow is crafting it right now. The oak store picks a few up every six weeks, and finishes them to order. My stain of choice was Wood Berry. I will show you pictures when it gets here.

My second bit of news? I got paid to knit something for the first time! It's actually a goofy situation. At work we needed something to hold a tiny temperature probe-thingy against the product while we tested it. It had to be super soft, so it won't damage the probe or the product, so I thought, "Why don't I knit something?" The boss thought it was a good idea, and said that I could do it over the weekend and charge overtime for it. Awesome! So basically, I knit a little ribbed cuff, just a half-inch wide, to slip around our product. And for that I got paid time and a half. Unfortunately, today we discovered that it won't work- the little probe slips right through (it's the size of the head of a pin). We wound up using half-inch elastic, but I still get paid. Sweet.

I've given up hope on the baby cardigan I was knitting for my husband's coworker. I just hate it so much. I had knit the second sleeve twice, and both times I managed to muck it up. And upon closer inspection, the first sleeve wasn't quite right either. So fuck it. I knit up a quick hat and booties and that's it. I don't think I like knitting baby stuff.

Did you ever wonder why I named the blog Knitty Ripper? Well, here's why. I had to rip out the brother in law's sweater in it's entirety. Ugh. I botched the sizing in a major way, so I had to start over from the very beginning. So now I'm back to being just a few inches along, but I have until Christmas. That's enough time right? Right?

1 comment:

Scott said...

You'd better get knitting. I don't want to buy Christmas presents.