Sunday, October 14, 2007

Stitches East, and More!

Ok, so I'll just start from the beginning:

At the entrance, I got a couple freebies- a sample of Eucalan (a no-rinse wash for delicates) and a bag from Southwest Trading Co. Then I got a look at the place... and promptly had a mild stroke. I'd never seen so much yarn. It was completely overwhelming, and all I could do was stare in amazement.

Once my frontal lobe began functioning again, I focused on the display about 10 feet in front of me. It was laceweight. I got closer... that sheen has "silk" written all over it... Oh, no. It's was cashmere/silk blend. I had to have it, but only bought 800 yds. Can't run out of money on the first stop, right?

And here it is, from the Yarn Barn of Kansas:


The color didn't come out very well, but it's a silvery green. Very lovely. Then, while poking around the same booth, I found this:




I wish there was some way you could virtually feel this yarn. It's 100% alpaca, and I think it's what clouds must feel like. And the color is so warm and soft- as though someone figured out how to make hot chocolate into yarn. I just want to take a nap in it. I grabbed up 1800 yards, and hope to make myself a cozy sweater.

My next purchase was at The Needle Lady's booth, where I picked up this fun, nubby little bunch of string:





Again, the photo doesn't do it justice. It's Twig from Prism in the colorway Tumbleweed. I think it will make a fun, simple scarf.

Eventually I made my way over to Blue Moon Fiber Arts for some sock yarn. I picked up some Seduction in Sugarplum...



...and some Silkie Socks That Rock in Chanticleer.

At this point I took a break from buying yarn, and got this t-shirt. I regret that I don't remember where I got it from.

My final purchase at Stitches was from Brooks Farm. The yarn is called Riata, and it's a wool/mohair/silk blend. I never want to stop touching it.

I bought 1125 yards, and I have no idea what I'll do with it, but does it matter? It's so pretty!

After that, I figured I had better get out of there before I got into trouble. So I boogied, and took the long, scenic way home. When I got home, I spent some time admiring my new stash, and decided I still wasn't done spending...

I jumped online and bought this coat in botanical green. Then went out to DSW and got these shoes:

Mmm... I loves me some comfy loafers!

Later, Scott and I had dinner with friends, and on the way home we stopped at Borders. Scott got the new Ken Burns documentary, and I got the new Vogue Knitting and Best of Interweave Knits.

And now it's time for a nice, relaxing afternoon at home. Football is on, and the hat is calling me.

No comments: