Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sock Yarn and Puppy Socks

I freaking love my yarn. I love it so much. My Jimmy Beans order arrived yesterday- the Lorna's Laces sock yarn...




...in Candy Corn and Baltic Sea, both lovely. And along with them, came my copy of Suss Cousin's newest book, Design Essentials...



I knew that the book was going to be signed, but I didn't know it would be signed specifically to me. I feel so special! I pictured Suss sitting with a pile of books, scribbling her name in each one. But it's personalized:



And I can't tell you how much I love this book. Her designs really are incredible, and she even includes a yarn substitution guide in the back. What a helpful lady! I give it one million stars.


Sadly, we did have an unfortunate incident yesterday. My little puggy bear broke a nail yesterday. Apparently, this is much worse for dogs than it is for people. The vet cut off the hangy bit, then gave him a big goofy sock to wear for a few days, and some drugs to take the edge off. Poor little man!


And I learned my lesson about what happens when I let his nails get too long. Sorry, buddy... I'll do better next time.

No comments: