Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday Night Quickie

Just a quick update... I finished the body of the sweater for my brother-in-law a few days ago. And it's huge. What is it with me and sweaters coming out huge (whether I swatch or not)? Husband tried it on, and it was big (but not silly big) on him. He kept trying to convince me it would be fine, but I just don't believe him. There's not enough time to frog and start again, so I went to Plan B: get some Wool-Ease Chunky and make a different (faster) sweater. The old sweater will eventually be finished and given to the husband.

I finally finished the scarf for my father-in-law, pictures will be posted later. It turned out pretty well, but I won't buy that yarn again- it was from a local spinner/dyer. The blue dye rubbed off on my bamboo needles, so I had to switch to aluminum, which I friggin' hate. And the dye still turned my fingers blue every time I knit. When it was done, I let it sit in a sink of cool water with a little vinegar, so hopefully that either set the dye or rinsed off the excess. I just hope it won't turn my FIL's neck blue. Or worse, his clothing. That would suck.

I started another hat for my other brother-in-law, and am nearly done with that. I want to knit something to go with it, but what? Maybe some fingerless gloves?

I also started a wrap, which I'm super excited about. I designed it myself, and wrote up the pattern and everything. If it doesn't suck, I'll post the pattern here when I'm done. It's also my first attempt at cables, and so far it's going pretty well. I found out I hate cable needles, and have been using a DPN (soooo much easier), but otherwise cables are easy breezy.

Time for bed now. Tomorrow is Cleaning Day and Wednesday I'll be making pumpkin bread and giving the dog a bath (he is seriously stinky), then Thursday is Thanksgiving! Yay! It's my absolute favorite holiday by far. I'm so excited! So expect a decent post (with pictures) sometime this weekend.

No comments: