Saturday, April 26, 2008

Not a Clapotis Update

I haven't started the Clapotis yet. I know, I suck. But I have fun news. Scott thinks I should use our tax rebate check to do my knitty room. Yay! So right away I started making lists, looking for furniture, and planning a budget. I already decided to nix the idea of the sewing table. I don't sew enough to justify the expense, and seeing as how I detest laminate, it would be quite an expense. Maybe if I happen to come by one, I will rethink it, but for now it's out. So that leaves a bookcase and yarn storage. The bookcase will also be part yarn storage- I'd like to put yarn in baskets or bowls on the shelves. I have no real ideas yet for other yarn storage. Maybe something like a pie safe? Preferably something with glass doors, or an open front so the yarn isn't hidden.

I'm going to look for a spinning wheel at Sheep and Wool, hopefully I can find one there. I'm so excited about going, I could pee a little. I plan on leaving around 7:30 so I can be waiting when they open. I hope the weather isn't crappy!

That's all for now. Guess I should go cast on for the Clapotis...

No comments: