Thursday, May 1, 2008

Just One More Day...

Maryland Sheep and Wool is this Saturday. It was supposed to rain, but the chances have gone from 60% to 35% overnight- mostly I am pleased, but a small part of me is sad that I won't be wearing the kick-ass rain boots I bought for the occasion. Now the weather should be cloudy and 75! Nice!

I hope to buy a spinning wheel there (in addition to other stuff...), if I find one I love. And I also hope to maybe find Qiviut... I get the willies just thinking about it. It's so effing expensive- it's more on the "fun idea but probably not" list. I'll also be keeping an eye out for things that will make a nice addition to the Knitty Room (baskets, pictures, etc.). And yarn, duh.

Speaking of the Knitty Room, Scott and I went to an antique store last weekend, and I gots me some furniture! The first thing we spotted was one of those old school Singer sewing machine tables (with the black cast iron legs/pedal), sans sewing machine. It's definitely been well loved, and needs a new top (the current top is just a couple of slabs of old barn wood) which is easy and cheap to fix. Yeah, just forget what I said before about not needing a sewing table... it turns out I need a bookcase even less. The other thing we found was a hutch/cabinet thing. It's a good sized piece of furniture, and should hold pretty much all my stash. It was super cheap, which leads me to believe it's not really very old. But it is solid wood, and built well- that's all I need! They will get picked up on Sunday, and there will be photos when the table is fixed up.

I did start the Clapotis, and I decided that the cotton will work out. There's only a few inches done, and I can't seem to locate the camera, so pictures will have to wait!

No comments: