Monday, May 12, 2008

Here It Is!

Okay. The plywood table top is not going work either, but I don't want to be a tease... so here it is (a bit incomplete). This is the view when you walk in the room:
I love that cabinet! The upper cabinet is the perfect size for my stash (although it doesn't leave much room for growth).

The lower cabinet is full of UFOs, leftover yarn, and more UFOs. Moving clockwise brings us to the wheel. Yay!

Also note the spankin' new switch plate and the not-brass doorknob. Close-up of the wheel:

For now I'm still just practicing treadling- no yarn yet. Moving on, there is the basket (full of knitting magazines), sheep picture, and my not-quite-finished sewing table.

Scott and I are going to try to find some sort of "wood guy" this weekend to make a better top for my table. The plywood is too rough, and I don't have the right tools to make it work. Someone who knows what he or she is doing will be able to make a nice routed edge... maybe even a hinged top... hmmm... Well, either way it will look better eventually.

Above the table is the sheep drawing I got at Sheep and Wool (I think I forgot to mention it in the other post). It's an ink print, and it was just $20 (sans frame).

And continuing around to the right of the sewing table is the window (next to the rocking chair), which brings us full circle. I really like these curtains; they have a great sheen:

So there it is! I have to go to bed now, but feel free to drool without me. :)

No comments: