Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm Doing It!

I'm spinning! I'm a spinner!


And it is awesome. I lurve it. I briefly considered using up all my vacation time to sit there and spin for several days nonstop, but my achy fingers didn't think it was such a hot idea.

The first bobbin full was pretty tough to spin up. I had divided the wool in two, watched the How To video from Kromski, and went to town. But I every time I tried to treadle slowly (as to not over-spin the yarn), the wheel would get stuck at the very top or bottom. It was uber frustrating. But after a bit of reading I learned the drive band might be too tight. Mine was as loose as I could get it, so I switched to the other (slightly larger) band that came with the wheel. The second bobbin sent soooo smoooooth...

I heart spinning. Now I just have to think of a good name for my wheel... maybe I should go spin some more and think about it.

No comments: