Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My New Addiction

My first yarn is done, and I couldn't be more proud.


It's not too bad... it varies from chunky to sportweight (or thereabouts), and it's about 85 yards. I think. My measuring method consisted of opening my swift to one yard in circumference, and winding the yarn onto it, counting the number of rotations.



I tried photographing the yarn in about a thousand types of light, but nothing seems to do the color justice. The skein contains just about every color you can imagine... it's awesome. The fiber (colonial top) is from the Cloverhill booth at Sheep and Wool. If I can't find more online, I'll be hoarding it next year for sure. Next up is the merino top from the same place, and I'm going to try to get a more uniform weight. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: