Sunday, September 2, 2007

Lazy Daisy

I had to wait until the husband returned from his adventures with our camera to post this, so without further ado, here is what's been going on over the past week or so.

I've finished the shawl knit up with the Giotto. It turned out well, and overall I like it, but this is the only picture you're gonna get because the person I plan on giving it too may or may not read this blog. So this is the bottom point of the triangle, and that's all you can see!


Also finished is a pair of mittens for my coworker, who loves to ski. They're just plain, simple mittens- no frills.


There was a patio sale yesterday at Eleganza Yarns in Frederick, MD. I got there early, knowing the good stuff would surely go fast, and it felt like I hit the jackpot. I giggled the whole way home, after buying two skeins of Noro Silver Thaw and five skeins of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool for under $50!



Since I had the house to myself yesterday, I wanted to get a lot of knitting done. However, my mojo just wasn't there. I wound up spending most of the day slacking off, poking around Ravelry, and watching TV. Luckily, it's a long weekend, and I can make up for wasted time. I did start the sweater for my brother in law, and it's going well. The Felted Tweed is interesting. It's super light- I don't feel any weight while working with it. It's also really sticky and tangles easily due to that, but hasn't created any major issues yet.


So that's where I'm at- a few inches of raglan shaping on the sweater. I knit the swatch on Addi Natura circs, and now I'm hooked on those needles. Initially, I bought them because I can't get bamboo circs in size 4 & 6 at the craft stores, and had to go to my LYS. Usually I buy Clover bamboo needles, but the LYS only had these Addis- and it is so worth the extra couple of bucks. These needles have the quiet warmth that I love in bamboo, but are as slick as aluminum. The cord is nice and limp right out of the package, not the relentless springy coil I'm used to (and yes, I've tried sticking the cords in hot water- it doesn't always work so great). Anyhoo, from now on I'm using the Addis.


Well, it's time to let the husband write up his blog... and get to work on that sweater!

No comments: