Thursday, June 25, 2009

Finally, a FO!

The Leaf Tee is done!

It came out quite well, but is a tiny bit bigger than I would prefer. But it's still great, and not so big that it looks terrible (I hope). I really like it.

I'm working on the Hedera's a little bit here and there, and I've gotten one gusset done, and am working on the other. Mainly, I've been working on my purse.


It's a little more than half done, I'm really excited to see how it will turn out.

Today I discovered that my knitting bag fits perfectly in one of my desk drawers. Open the drawer, knit knit knit... Oh! Here comes the boss man! Close the drawer. Problem solved. Mwah hahahaha. Stealth knitting FTW!

Still thinking about the Bohus, too. I think I'll start it when the purse is finished. That way, it can be my Project That Requires Thinking, and I'll have a couple of pairs of mindless socks on the side, to break up the monotony. I get the feeling that the colorwork will go quickly, and I'll stall on the body/sleeves. Hmm. I may need to come up with some sort of reward system to combat this. Or something punitive- that might work better. I respond well to threats.

Lastly, I'm still also screwing around with these socks, but I can't decide what I really want to do with them. Right now, I have a row of crossed stitches in the ribbing (a few rows from the needles), but I'm not sure they'll stay that way. It's hard to see, and I'm not sure I like that. Hell, maybe I'll just keep going. I am pretty lazy, and at worst they'll just look like plain ol' ribbed socks.

No comments: