Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm still chugging along on the Leaf T-shirt, and it's getting close to being finished. In a stunning move of stupidity, I have yet to throw it on some waste yarn and try it on (which really should have been done when I cast off the arm holes or shortly thereafter). I really hope it won't be too big... If my math is right, it is 34.5" across the chest, which should be okay. At least this time I'm certain I have enough yarn!

The Hedera socks are sort of in limbo- I've gotten to the gusset on one, but that's it. Lazy daisy. In it's place I've started another project- a felted bag. I saw a pattern for a bag (Rav link) by Noro, and thought it looked pretty easy to reverse-engineer. So I got out some graph paper, did a little math, knit and felted a swatch, did some more math, and cast that sucker on. I'm doing it with Wisdom Yarns Poems. This yarn is giving me a minor headache with knots interrupting color repeats, but otherwise I like it.


We ditched cable a couple of weeks ago, so I've been trying to find new things to watch or listen to while knitting. Movies are one choice, but I've seen everything we own a zillion times, and renting would probably wind up being more expensive than cable was (although I am looking into Netflix). So mostly I've been using interweb resources, and it's great. iTunes has been my favorite source- they have several classic radio stations, with old-timey crime and drama and such, which I love. And of course there are endless podcasts. I'm subscribed to a several knitting podcasts, and I also poke around the paranormal and ghosty ones too. Then there's also Hulu.com, which has free TV and movies. It seems like most TV shows are on the internet for free somewhere, which is fantastic.

I joined a Bohus group on Ravelry, and I'm hoping it will inspire me to finally get started on my sweater. I don't know why it scares me so much. Probably just a fear of failure. Horrible, humiliating, demoralizing, failure. Yeah, maybe that's it.

No comments: