Sunday, June 28, 2009

I'm On a Roll

I've got another finished project! The felted bag is done. And it rocks my socks off. Here it is all sewn up, prior to felting (with 12" ruler for scale):

And here it is post felting:



Ok, granted it's a little impractical given that the middle is too shallow to hold very much, but it's super cute. And it will hold a phone, keys, sunglasses, and a small wallet, which is all you really need for quick trips to the store and whatnot. My big, everyday wallet won't fit (it's the type that holds everything you could possibly need in any situation), so I'm thinking of making a smaller little wallet to match with the leftover yarn- just a little pocket sized thing to hold an ID, some cash, and couple credit cards.

The button is merely decorative, and hides the back of a magnetic snap. I looped some extra yarn through the button hole, then hot glued it in place. In all honesty, I probably could have just skipped the snap, and sewed the button on so that it sewed the bag shut at that point. It's so shallow and open on both sides of the little flap, that I doubt I'll ever have to really use the snap.

Now that it's done, I suppose I should stick to my word and start the Bohus. Ok, deep breath... Here I go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it!