Sunday, July 15, 2007

Frustration. It sucks.

I nearly finished the body of the Very Cropped Top Hoodie, and it just wasn't right... it was much larger than I intended. Now, I had made a swatch and I checked gauge again when I had finished several inches of the yoke, and both times my gauge seemed fine. Yet the sweater was large enough to fit two of me. Best I can figure, is that I just should have made the smaller size.

I made the 42" bust thinking that the 34" was just a smidge too small. Ideally, I wanted a 36-37" bust, but the pattern only gives 34, 42 and 50 inch bust sizes. I went up, knowing that it is much more likely that a teenage girl would grow rather than shrink. Especially in the boob area. Yeah, it seemed like that was too big... but I had hopes that since the measurements are of the finished sweater (not of the person wearing it), that it would somehow all work out. Not so. Once I had enough of the body to try on, I slipped the whole thing onto some waste yarn, and put it on. The V-neck went down to my belly button. Crap.

So I ripped the whole thing out. I really hate ripping, it's just the pits. On the plus side, I managed to knit the entire body in two days, so I haven't lost too much time. Could be a lot worse, I suppose. Guess I should get back to work. Ugh.

No comments: