Sunday, July 22, 2007

So close, yet so far...

The hoody is almost done! This weekend I finished up the sleeves and knit the hood, then it happened... I ran out of yarn. Fuck. There is nothing worse, I tell you. I bought ten balls (exactly what the pattern stated for the 42" size- and yeah, I know, you should always buy an extra ball), but I should have only needed 9 (I wound up doing the 34" version). Yet even with the extra ball, I ran out. If I left off the crocheted edge, I'd be fine but then the stockinette will roll up all to hell.

The extra fun part is that I left off several rounds on the sleeves, and shortened the hood. I don't know if my gauge was off row-wise or what, but the sleeves called for an extra 10 rows, which would have lengthened the sleeves by about 5 inches or so. Same deal with the hood; I left off the last 4 rows. Although I admit, I only shortened the hood because I was running out of yarn, and after trying it on I knew I could get away with it.

Off I go, to order more yarn. The part that kills me is that there's so little to do- it's so close to being done! But I'm stuck, until the yarn gets here, maybe a week from now. Ugh! Guess I'll have to work on some other projects until then- and I have a lot of those!

No comments: