Thursday, July 26, 2007

One down, one to go


I finished one sock today! The pair is for my husband, and this is the first adult-sized sock that I've made (I made baby socks once). I managed to knock it out in only a week, which is sort of funny because the hubby's been waiting since last November for them. Oops... better late than never, I guess. Hopefully the other sock will go just as quickly.

The yarn for the hoody won't arrive for a while- it's not due to ship until next week. I also ordered yarn for a sweater for my brother-in-law (plus a pattern for it), so I'm looking forward to that, too. In the meantime, I've been working on a sweater for my sister-in-law and a random scarf. The sister-in-law's sweater is here, and is being knit with a creamy colored angora/wool blend. The yarn is super soft, but it sheds like crazy and I have a tendency to breathe in the fuzzies. So the rest of the day I'm horking up the super-fine hairs stuck in my throat. And people laugh when I tell them knitting can be hazardous! I've only just finished the first two inches or so, so there will be more on that later.

As for the scarf, well... I had two hanks of this gorgeous stranded yarn, and nothing to do with it. When I bought it, I thought it would make great fringe or trim or something, but nothing's come up and it's been nearly two years. So a scarf it shall become!

Lastly, a bit of good news: There are only 696 people in front of me on the Ravelry list! Looks like I'll be getting that invite sometime next week... awesome.

No comments: