Friday, August 17, 2007

I Shouldn't Be Allowed to Knit Things

Sadly, the buttony sweater is no more. I was encountering too many problems for my small brain to handle, and had to let it go. There is nothing more depressing than ripping out an entire project, but such is the fate of the rebel knitter who thinks, “Even though this pattern doesn’t state any gauge, I can probably figure out how to knit it with completely different yarn and needles.” Anyway, I should just consider this a lesson learned, and move on. If anyone has any good ideas for what to knit with 1100 yards of beige worsted angora, hit me up.

In order to lift my spirits, I went out and got some of the bamboo yarn I saw at the store earlier. It’s Bernat Bamboo Natural Blends, and I got 3 balls in Linen and 3 in Dill. Sorry about the poor picture quality- hubby has the camera, so I had to make due with my cell phone.

















While I decide what to do with the angora and bamboo, I've been working a bit on a scarf using a multi-stranded yarn. It's mohair, ribbon, and a novelty yarn. It's just basic seed stitch... something to keep me nimble while I figure out what's next.


Hopefully the Felted Tweed will arrive tomorrow, but that's probably a bit ambitious. It's making me very antsy.

No comments: