Thursday, August 2, 2007

Stinky Pinkie

I have a tendency to stabilize my right needle with my pinkie, which apparently leads to pain. Lots of achy, stupid pain. I'm going to start a Carpal Tunnel Fund, so that it may soften the financial blow when I need surgery in a few years. Feel free to send your donations now.*

The Buttony Sweater is moving along, albeit slowly. I'm nearly down to the armpit, I think. I have to throw it on some waste yarn and try it on to see. The biggest surprise with this project (so far) is the intense joy I get from picking buttons. Seriously. I've spent hours online trying to decide- and I'm leaning toward simple wooden buttons, possibly rosewood. I think they'll add a little warmth.

Still waiting on the yarn that was supposed to ship this week... I'm not very good at this kind of waiting. Knitting has made me more patient in waiting rooms and long lines and such, but this is different waiting. I can't exactly take a chair out to the mailbox and knit for ten days straight while I wait for it to show up (although I'd like to). Bah.

In other news, I am now officially a member of The Knitting Guild Association. I'm hoping it will be a good thing, but I haven't completely dismissed the notion that I may have just paid $27 to get my name put on a mailing list. In all honesty, I joined mainly to look into their Master Knitter program. They say the title of Master Knitter is coveted. And it is... I know this because I, myself, covet it. Sadly, it will cost me $285 to get this title. But it does come with a pin. Sigh.

That's all for now. I'll post pictures of the sweater when I get past the armholes or so (there's a good chance I'll have to rip it out, and seeing pictures of how far I almost got will depress me).

*Disclaimer: Any funds received will most likely be used to buy yarn.

No comments: